Unit Learning Outcomes addressed:
- Analyze and explain historical trends in the concept of leadership
- Analyze and explain how leadership overlaps with, yet can be distinguished from, management.
- Demonstrate an ability to synthesize and apply knowledge and understanding of contemporary theories and practices of leadership to the analysis of case studies and research data.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of how leadership theory informs contemporary leadership practice across a spectrum of organizational contexts.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the differences between leadership influence and coercion, and other forms of power and authority.
- Integrate biblical frameworks into a contemporary understanding of leadership theories.
- Demonstrate a critical appreciation of the types of leadership styles and behaviors adopted by self and others and their efficacy.
Criteria for Assessment:
- Range and relevance of research undertaken
- Depth and breadth of issues covered with respect to the selected organization
- Demonstrated level of understanding of issues, and insights, including insights acquired into leadership within the selected organization
- Professional recommendations that reflect advanced knowledge of Leadership theory and its application
Each individual student will research and write a paper with an analysis of leadership practices and associated issues within a selected organization (word count: 2,500 words).
Total Mark & Weighting:
40 marks | 40%
Students are advised that any submissions past the due date without an approved extension or without approved extenuating circumstances incur a 5% penalty per calendar day, calculated from the total mark e.g. a task marked out of 35 will incur a 1.75 mark penalty per calendar day.
Each individual student will research and write a paper with an analysis of leadership practices and associated issues within a selected organization, aimed at synthesizing the learning experience of the unit. The paper will cover the following:
- General overview of the organization’s activities
- A general overview of the leadership practice within the selected organization including leadership styles, any leadership challenges identified, and leadership development activities in the organization
- Analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the identified leadership practices in the organization. This should include an analysis that the leadership practice has had on the overall organizational strategy or how the identified leadership practices have affected the performance of the organization
- Based on the issues identified and supporting theory, make recommendations for the organization (focus on how the leadership practices can be optimized for maximum organizational impact).
General notes for assignments
Assignments should usually incorporate a formal introduction, main points, and conclusion, covering the key issue in the selected organization. Rather than giving a personal account of events, students are encouraged to write a professional paper with appropriate evidence to substantiate claims and citations and references as required.
Marks will be deducted for failure to adhere to the word count of 2,500 – generally, you may go over or under by 10% than the stated length of 2,500 words.
General Notes for Referencing
Students may draw on both academic sources (books, chapters from edited books, journals, etc) and non-academic sources (e.g. company website, annual reports). Your work must show evidence that you conducted your own research.
If you need a similar but plagiarism-free “assessment 3 leadership paper” help, then feel free to contact us!